Monday 25 June 2007

Let's put the past behind us.

i was sitting on the balcony last night, and suddenly my grandmother talked to me bout mom.
i tried to hold back the tears, but i just couldnt.

for the past 9 years, i've been growing up without a mother.

my mother had luekimea when i was only 5 years old, whereas my elder brother 8 years old and my younger brother 3 years old. for all that i know, i couldnt recall much bout her. i was so young, my brothers were so young, we were so young!

dad tried everything that he could do to help. the medical fees was so expensive, 10k per month, that he had no choice than to sell our house. total, my mom had been in the hospital for 3 years. i remember looking at dad, asking him why is he crying as i couldnt understand yet.

' Your mother was really a strong and tough woman.' grandma said. ' I have a friend who had luekimea too and she only survived 6 months. where else your mother hanged in there for 3 and a half years! ' yeah, she is strong. there was this one time, mom went on the newspaper. the headline was ' miracle patient'.

tears are running down my face. honestly, i've never felt this way about mom before. i was so young, i couldnt remember how she look like without looking at her photo, i couldnt remember her voice without watching the video tapes dad recorded when she was still here. sometimes, i even hate myself for not remembering her.

i remember dad brought us to visit her in the hospital and when we met mom, she didnt cry.
she was so strong..
my aunts, were all siting at the emergency stairs sobbing at that time.

unfortunately, just after 10 days moving into a smalller house, mom fell down from her bike when she was cycling with my younger bro and injured her knee. the very next day when she woke up, her wound turned black. dad panic and quickly sent her to the hospital. 5 months after the fall, she went away in year 1999.. and never to return again..

dad was trying his very best to stay strong at that moment. he lost his house, we lost our home. he lost his wife, we lost our mother. he had to quit his full time job to take care of us , and find a few part time jobs.

and today, i shall say he's done a very good job in raising 3 of us so well.

i love my mom and dad so much.

originally from simply-kaili.blogspot.com
which is my story too.

Liang.

3 comments:

KianOng said...

liang.. u are strong.. dun blame urself.. u oso said tat.. u are young..

KianOng said...

liang.. u are strong.. dun blame urself.. u oso said tat.. u are young..

yaner said...

u and ur siblings and ur mum are very strong.if it is me, i will collapse and not come out frm my bed forever and cry evryday.